You are not logged in.

TOPIC: For the First Time Ever, the Federal Govt is Referring to Marijuana as Medicine

Bookmark and Share

For the First Time Ever, the Federal Govt is Referring to Marijuana as Medicine 1 month 5 days ago #30291

• carolinatom
  • My Trust is in My Lord
  • Thank you received: 1268
Another small gain. Link: thefreethoughtproject.com/for-the-first-...rijuana-as-medicine/

A profound shift in the federal government’s stance on cannabis was marked by subtle changes made this month to one webpage. The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), part of the National Institutes of Health, now has a webpage titled Marijuana as Medicine. Prior to March 2017, it was titled Is Marijuana Medicine?
Apparently, they feel the question has been answered. Of course, other agencies are still mired in prohibition, and those enforcing the immoral War on Drugs will still lock you up for having the plant.
The timing of NIDA’s update is very curious, as there are signs from the Trump administration that a crackdown may be coming on states’ cannabis legalization progress made over the last few years.
The Department of Justice is now headed by rabid prohibitionist Jeff Sessions, who cites falsehoods and Reefer Madness propaganda when discussing cannabis. Only a few days ago, Sessions said cannabis “is slightly less awful” than heroin – a mind-boggling display of ignorance. Trump chose to keep Chuck Rosenberg as head of the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), who said medical cannabis is “a joke” and oversaw the department’s decision to keep the plant as a Schedule 1 drug with “no medicinal use.”
Perhaps this stunning level of denial – in the face of overwhelming scientific evidence of cannabis’ ability to treat a variety of ailments – prompted NIDA to make their change. Twenty-eight states have legalized medical cannabis in some way, eight more have legalized its recreational use, and more states are set to join the list. They aren’t doing this on a whim; decriminalizing medical use is an acknowledgment of cannabis’ power as medicine.

Read more at thefreethoughtproject.com/for-the-first-...#lRO3LKVHW4hoOver.99
Pray Like it All Depends On God
Work Like it All Depends On You
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: osmosis

For the First Time Ever, the Federal Govt is Referring to Marijuana as Medicine 2 weeks 4 days ago #30320

• osmosis
  • Administrator
  • Help, Help! We are being repressed!
  • Thank you received: 68
Holy crap! This is a huge find! I will go post this on NCCPN's FB page RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!

U rock! Your analysis is great too! Super helpful! I will share it too!

For the First Time Ever, the Federal Govt is Referring to Marijuana as Medicine 1 week 6 days ago #30329

• willNC
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
And Cancer.gov:
"Cannabis and cannabinoids have been studied in the laboratory and the clinic for relief of pain, nausea and vomiting, anxiety, and loss of appetite"
"Cannabis and cannabinoids may have benefits in treating the symptoms of cancer or the side effects of cancer therapies. There is growing interest in treating children for symptoms such as nausea with Cannabis and cannabinoids, although studies are limited"
"Cannabis has been shown to kill cancer cells in the laboratory"

"www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/cam/patient/cannabis-pdq"
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds

Latest Ideas

Survey the medical community

"Let's survey the medical community to gather their opinions on medicinal marijuana."... Read more

- Posted on 01.11.2015 10:28

Live Music to help the cause

"Am a Musician , and I have a Idea, if we can get many musicians to get together and have a day event and get more people sign up and that could get the word out on some things we could use for getting"... Read more

- Posted on 01.09.2015 20:10

Kickstarter?

"Hi everybody! Well, I don't know if it might conflict with the non-profit designation, but couldn't we use our talents to create rewards for supporter? I mean, I've pledged just $1 for a post-it s"... Read more

- Posted on 06.08.2015 09:16

Public showing at Judiciary I committee meeting

"HB78 is in the Judiciary committee right now, and if it passes there, goes on to the Health committee and then the appropriations, heath and finance. It has to go through all of these! I met with my h"... Read more

- Posted on 19.03.2015 14:30

Join Community efforts for NCCPN

"We have members all over NC now so this idea can help NCCPN while you help your community. Most towns have civic organizations that periodically have a drive to help out in the community. We see food "... Read more

- Posted on 29.06.2014 11:42

April 2017
S M T W T F S
26 27 28 29 30 31 1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 1 2 3 4 5 6
Keyword

NCCPN Donations

2017 Donations