TOPIC: NC Proposed 2017 Medical Bill

Bookmark and Share

NC Proposed 2017 Medical Bill 4 months 3 weeks ago #30163

• Jason
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1439
YES NC CAN-NABIS·TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 29, 2016
North Carolina Medical Cannabis Act 2017
SUMMARY: The proposal for House Bill _______ is an amendment to the North Carolina General Regulation of Cannabis; permitting a person with a debilitating medical condition (listed below) the ability to consume, possess, and grow limited amounts of cannabis; providing for the licensing of cultivation facilities, product manufacturing facilities, testing facilities, and medical stores;
permitting local government to regulate or prohibit such facilities based on local vote of registered voters; requiring the general assembly to enact an excise 10% tax to be levied upon sales of medical cannabis requiring that the first $30 million in revenue raised annually by such tax credited as follows:30% Public School Assistance Fund20% for Mental Health/Alcohol/Drug services15% State Law Enforcement15% State Infrastructure10% Local Law Enforcement10% Veteran Affairs
Furthermore, requiring the general assembly to enact legislation governing the cultivation, processing and sale of medical cannabis.
CURRENT LAW: Cannabis is currently classified as a Schedule VI controlled substance under the North Carolina Controlled Substances Act. North Carolina spent nearly 55 million enforcing cannabis laws in 2010, while statewide African Americans were arrested for cannabis possession at 3.4 times the rate of Caucasians, despite comparable cannabis usage rates.
Read more at.....
www.facebook.com/notes/yes-nc-can-nabis/...ill/1772023656383131
Don't Like The Laws?
Change The Law Makers!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FarmerGreen420, Rasta Vision, dannl21, willNC

NC Proposed 2017 Medical Bill 1 month 2 weeks ago #30267

• forkup
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1416
So 25% in total of the money taken in will go to LEO? No one has a problem with this?

NC Proposed 2017 Medical Bill 1 month 1 week ago #30268

• perryp
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1155
for those who want to see NC make the grade and get a cannabis bill, we need to get to work. Everyone needs to remember that, we are a long way from a bill, ANY Bill. That said, if the bill ever gets to a committee, that is where it changes. FIRST though, we need to get to work and make certain the bill moves to A COMMITTEE. Call your legislator and tell them you want to see a bill for cannabis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FarmerGreen420, forkup, willNC

NC Proposed 2017 Medical Bill 1 month 1 week ago #30269

• forkup
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1416
Sorry I didn't intend on bashing the bill, you fight the good fight Perry and I applaud you for it, but if it's still being written by (hopefully) lawyers on our side why the giveaway to LEO? That's unconscionable and clearly a bribe. Sorry but they deserve another hole in the head instead imho. I was busted in the mid 80s for cultivation in NC so I think I have room to talk. There were literally a dozen car loads of them and to a man they all claimed to think I should be allowed to grow in my own home, hypocrites one and all and not to be trusted. They certainly shouldn't profit off us now.

Also let's make sure they allow home growing or be prepared to pay sky high prices from the political donors we all love to hate since they will get the licenses. And disallow any monopolies on privately owned businesses. IE, no lotteries for a limited number of licenses or again be prepared for high prices. I know, I've watched Washington state here destroy the relatively good medical laws we once had while allowing recreational monopolies to take over.

I know some people don't want to hear this but better no law than a badly written law that hands cronies the keys to the cash register when they are the very ones who hold us down now and who have profited from our suffering.

I jumped on here after I received an email regarding this topic yesterday from Perry. Hard to believe I don't see a single solitary reply before mine. Is anyone at all alive? I don't mean the webmaster or Perry. I live across the country 2500 miles away and I'm first responder? It's very disappointing to say the least.

We cannot all just sit on the sidelines and expect someone to give us this. Other states have worked hard over a much longer time to accomplish their goal. California decriminalized cannabis back in 1975, Oregon in 1973. Cali legalized medical in 96 with Washington behind them in 98. Those efforts took years and years. They didn't give in, they didn't give up, instead they fought for what they knew to be right.

I must also note that donations for the year to date equals exactly ZERO. The first quarter is almost gone! Guess what ZERO x 4 equals which will be the yearly total at this rate?

I'm not trying to hate on the site or it's users. I know many will not look kindly on my words. My intentions are to wake everyone up. Our politicians answer to we the people ONLY when we make it impossible for them to ignore us. Get everyone involved.
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by forkup.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FarmerGreen420

NC Proposed 2017 Medical Bill 1 month 1 week ago #30270

• marliwana
  • Junior Boarder
  • appalachian state
  • Thank you received: 6
yay :pinch:

dispensaries:

marley's - boone

smokegood - elsewhere

B)

NC Proposed 2017 Medical Bill 1 month 1 week ago #30276

• t3476stz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
You know why there are zero donations? Because there is zero response when new people offer to help. It's like this group is a private club. I don't want tie be mean but look at my posts and see who responded. No one. I'm not going to give money if things are like that. I just joined NC Norml. I donated to MPP. Things have to change. Right now and in the past I've seen nothing happen.
Concerned Disabled Veteran
The following user(s) said Thank You: FarmerGreen420, forkup, ErinWNC
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.359 seconds

Latest Ideas

Survey the medical community

"Let's survey the medical community to gather their opinions on medicinal marijuana."... Read more

- Posted on 01.11.2015 10:28

Live Music to help the cause

"Am a Musician , and I have a Idea, if we can get many musicians to get together and have a day event and get more people sign up and that could get the word out on some things we could use for getting"... Read more

- Posted on 01.09.2015 20:10

Kickstarter?

"Hi everybody! Well, I don't know if it might conflict with the non-profit designation, but couldn't we use our talents to create rewards for supporter? I mean, I've pledged just $1 for a post-it s"... Read more

- Posted on 06.08.2015 09:16

Public showing at Judiciary I committee meeting

"HB78 is in the Judiciary committee right now, and if it passes there, goes on to the Health committee and then the appropriations, heath and finance. It has to go through all of these! I met with my h"... Read more

- Posted on 19.03.2015 14:30

Join Community efforts for NCCPN

"We have members all over NC now so this idea can help NCCPN while you help your community. Most towns have civic organizations that periodically have a drive to help out in the community. We see food "... Read more

- Posted on 29.06.2014 11:42

April 2017
S M T W T F S
26 27 28 29 30 31 1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 1 2 3 4 5 6
Keyword

NCCPN Donations

2017 Donations